This HIGH Protein Low Carb Cob Loaf recipe means there are no compromising your gains during the festive season. Perfect for a silly season catch up.
Prep: 22 mins
Cook: 56 mins
1 packet of 6 Australia Seeds Protein Bread Mix
1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
2 whole eggs
1 tablespoon of white vinegar (20ml)
FILLING (ENOUGH FOR BOTH COBS)
250g reduced fat cream cheese (can use full fat if preferred)
450g (2 cups) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp butter
11/2 cups parmesan cheese
500g thawed and drained spinach
2-3 garlic cloves
1. Preheat oven for 20min on 180 degrees.
2. Line 2 small round cake tins or oven proof ramekins
3. Put the bread mix in a large bowl
4. In smaller bowl whisk together water, 2 eggs, white vinegar,
5. Add the wet mix to the dry mix and combine well
6. Pop the mix into two lined tins or sprayed ramekins
7. Bake for 40 mins On until golden.
PREPARE THE COB
1. Once bread has cooled for a few hours.
2. Slice the top off the loaf
3. Scoop out the middle, break apart into bite size pieces.
4. Lay on lined oven tray and grill to crispy.
PREPARE THE FILLING
1. In a microwave proof bowl combine room temperature cream cheese and butter, Greek yogurt, and parmesan cheese.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes and stir and pop back into the microwave for another 2 mins.
3. Add the spinach and garlic cloves and pop back into the microwave for a 2-3 mins (let it bubble a little)
4. Spoon the mix into the cob loaves.
5. Serve with the crispy bread bites