These delicious and light Apple and Oat Muesli cookies satisfy that sweet craving, while not needing many ingredients.
The sultanas, apple and banana give a natural sweetness without the need for sugar, while the coconut oil, nut butter and banana work to bind without needing a huge wad of butter. Using the banana also means you cut down on the amount of fats you need, making these much lighter than a regular cookie - so you can legitimately have it for breakfast 😉
1 cup Brookfarm or Farmer Jo muesli
1 cup buckwheat flour
½ cup sultanas
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
5tbsp extra virgin coconut oil melted
5 tbsp almond butter
1 apple grated, including the juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C on fan bake.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently until just combined. Don't overmix, otherwise you will get a dense cookie!
5. Using lightly floured or slightly wet hands, roll the mixture into heaped tablespoon sized balls and place on a floured tray. Press down on each cookie with the back of a fork to flatten.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes until slightly golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes on the tray as they'll start to firm up, then move to a drying rack to cool.
7. Enjoy warm with a hot cuppa!