Banana bread is just one of those things that most people love! Spice with up with masala chai and you have a wonderfully aromatic loaf that is light and moist. It’s really perfect for any occasion – bring it in for morning tea at work, take it over to a friends house or even breakfast!
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 45mins
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp Masala Chai (check out our Masala chai here)
2 small to medium bananas mashed
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sultanas (optional)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°c.
2. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, masala chai and cinnamon) into a bowl
4. Mash the bananas in a bowl and add the oil, vanilla extract, milk and lastly the eggs. Mix well. Then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Then add sultanas if desired, or you could add choc chips to take it to the next level!
6. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Once cooked, cool it on a baking tray for 20 - 30 minutes and then it's ready to eat!
TIP: If your bananas aren’t quite as ripe as you would like them to be, you can cheat by roasting them. Place the bananas whole, unpeeled onto a lined baking sheet and roast them for 30-40 minutes at 150 C until blackened and totally soft!