This Apple Crumble Recipe with soft baked apples and cinnamon topped with a crunchy muesli crumble will warm you up from the inside out - plus it’s easy to prepare!
If you’re looking for something quick and easy to make for dessert, that’s full of simple, healthy ingredients and guaranteed to satisfy a table full of guests, this apple crumble recipe has you covered.
All you need to master this basic apple crumble recipe is a handful of ingredients, and a little know-how.
Luscious Apple Filling
For this apple crumble recipe we recommend using Granny Smith apples because they are both sweet and tart – perfect for apple crumble!
Crunchy Crumble Topping
Freshly baked fruit served soft and warm from the oven is delicious, but… if you’re anything like us, the toasty crumble CRUNCH is what you’re here for! A little flour, sugar, butter, and muesli, you’ll be well on your way. Using muesli instead of oats really brings the crunch!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
For the filling:
4 medium sized green apples thinly sliced
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp raw sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp cinnamon
For the Crumble Top:
250g Brookfarm or Farmer Jo muesli
250g plain flour + 55 g in reserve
200g butter room temperature
125g raw sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180˚ celsius.
2. Take a deep, circular baking dish or cake dish and line it with half of your apple slices (in a whimsical pattern or just thrown in – your choice!)
- Splatter the apple with lemon juice, dust with half of the cinnamon, half of the raw sugar and half of the cornflour.
Top with all your remaining apple slices, then sprinkle over the rest of your cinnamon, raw sugar and cornflour.
5. Pop your muesli in a mixing bowl along with the raw sugar and 250 g (1 cup) of the flour.
Melt the butter in a small dish and then pour it into the bowl with your dry ingredients. Give everything a good stir until the crumble mixture starts to combine. If needed, you can add a little extra flour until you end up with a slightly moist, mostly crumbly texture where the mixture holds its shape but isn't too sticky.
7. Spoon the mixture out over the top of your apple slices and press it down with your spoon til it's nice and even, or keep it rough for extra crunch once baked.
9. Don't forget to serve with cream or ice cream. 😉