A smoothie bowl has to be my new favourite way to do breakfast. I love the way you can mix it up every day with a different creation and how simple it is to bring something so healthy and delicious together. Even on days I have to be out and about, I can make the smoothie early in the morning, put it in a thermos, then add some crunchy muesli when you get to work or when you are out on the road. This berry smoothie is great with frozen berries, but it is extra special in the summer time when you can get amazing fresh local berries. Try this; it will change how you see breakfast.
Prep Time: 5 mins
1 whole Banana, Frozen
1/3 cup Blueberries, Fresh
1/3 cup Strawberries, Fresh
1/3 cup Raspberries, Fresh
2 tbsp Chia Seeds (Try Fermentanicals Organic Sprouted Chia)
2 cup Almond Milk
1/2 cup Ice
1/4 cup Muesli (Try Eclipse Organics Muesli)
How to prepare:
1. This recipe makes two serves. Slice two whole strawberry into rounds and set aside, also keep few of the berries aside for each bowl. You will use these later. Keep the Paleo muesli aside for later.
2. Roughly slice the frozen banana and add to the blender. Add all the other ingredients into the blender.
3. Start to blend on low speed then increase to high speed until all the berry smoothie is smooth and creamy. This should take 30 seconds or so.
4. Pour the Berry smoothie into two medium size bowls, gently lay the strawberry slices around the edge of the bowls, overlapping them as you go. Continue around the edge of each bowl with the remaining berries that you have set aside. This should leave a space in the middle of the bowl.
5. Gently sprinkle the Paleo Nut and Fruit Muesli into the centre of the bowl. Now Enjoy this great refreshing breakfast.